LTC4077 Dual Input Standalone Li-Ion Battery Charger
The LTC4077 is a standalone linear charger that is capable of charging a single-cell Li-Ion battery from both wall adapter and USB inputs. The charger can detect power at the inputs and automatically select the appropriate power source for charging.
No external sense resistor or blocking diode is required for charging due to the internal MOSFET architecture. Internal thermal feedback regulates the battery charge current to maintain a constant die temperature during high power operation or high ambient temperature conditions. The ﬂoat voltage is ﬁxed at 4.2V and the charge current is programmed with an external resistor. The LTC4077 terminates the charge cycle when the charge current drops below the termination threshold after the ﬁnal ﬂoat voltage is reached. The LTC4077 can be put into shutdown mode reducing the DCIN supply current to 20µA, the USBIN supply current to 10µA, and the battery drain current to less than 2µA even with power applied to both inputs.
Other features include automatic recharge, undervoltage lockout, charge status output, power present status output to indicate the presence of wall adapter or USB power and high power/low power adjustable mode for USB compatible applications.
- Cellular Telephones
- Handheld Computers
- Portable MP3 Players
- Digital Cameras
Features and Benefits
- Charges Single-Cell Li-Ion Batteries from Wall
- Adapter and USB Inputs
- Automatic Input Power Detection and Selection
- Charge Current Programmable up to 950mA from Wall Adapter Input
- C/10 Charge Current Termination
- Thermal Regulation Maximizes Charge Rate Without Risk of Overheating*
- Preset Charge Voltage with ±0.6% Accuracy
- 18µA USB Suspend Current in Shutdown
- Power Present Status Output
- Charge Status Output
- Automatic Recharge
- Available in a Thermally Enhanced, Low Profi le (0.75mm) 10-Lead (3mm × 3mm) DFN Package