LTC3535 Dual Channel 550mA 1MHz Synchronous Step-Up DC/DC Converter
The LTC3535 is a dual channel, synchronous, fixed frequency step-up DC/DC converter with output disconnect. Extended battery life in single AA/AAA powered products is realized with a 680mV start-up voltage and operation down to 500mV once started.
A switching frequency of 1MHz minimizes solution footprint by allowing the use of tiny, low profile inductors and ceramic capacitors. The current mode PWM design is internally compensated, reducing external parts count. The LTC3535 features Burst Mode operation at light load conditions allowing it to maintain high efficiency over a wide range of load. Anti-ring circuitry reduces EMI by damping the inductor in discontinuous mode. Additional features include a low shutdown current of under 1μA and thermal shutdown.
The LTC3535 is housed in a 3mm × 3mm × 0.75mm DFN package.
- Medical Instruments
- Noise Canceling Headphones
- Energy Harvesting
- Bluetooth Headsets
Features and Benefits
- Two Independent Step-Up Converters
- Each Channel Delivers 3.3V at 100mA from a Single Alkaline/NiMH Cell or 3.3V at 200mA from Two Cells
- VIN Start-Up Voltage: 680mV
- 1.5V to 5.25V VOUT Range
- Up to 94% Efficiency
- Output Disconnect
- 1MHz Fixed Frequency Operation
- VIN > VOUT Operation
- Integrated Soft-Start
- Current Mode Control with Internal Compensation
- Burst Mode® Operation with 9μA IQ Each Channel
- Internal Synchronous Rectifier
- Logic Controlled Shutdown (IQ < 1μA)
- Anti-Ring Control
- Low Profile (3mm × 3mm × 0.75mm) 12-Lead DFN Package